Between the 19th and 28th August EHTTA member Caldas da Rainha (Portugal) held the Frutos Fair 2016, one of its most popular festivals during the year. The European Historic Thermal Towns was invited to join this event that celebrates the best of regional horticulture industry and local cuisine, offering cookings, demonstrations, workshops but also music and family entertainment. Committed to the promotion of healthy lifestyles and wellbeing, the fair featured a health and well-being space where EHTTA had an information stand, showcasing the wide and rich spa culture this Association promotes across Europe.
On Saturday 27th an EHTTA representative participated in a seminar focused on thermalism, thermal heritage and sustainable tourism, open to local authorities, journalists and the general public. Participants included representatives from Caldas da Rainha city council, European Spas Association (ESPA) and National Portuguese Association of Spas, all of whom had the opportunity to discuss Directive UE n.24/2011 (on the application of patient’s rights in cross-border healthcare) along with other related topics. EHTTA recents projects were also presented, together with an extended invitation for next network upcoming event at the EU Parliament in Strasbourg, scheduled for the 15th September.This panel also served as an announcement for the EHTTA General Assembly which will be held in Caldas da Rainha in Spring 2017.
Autumn 2016 – a busy calendar for EHTTA!
Frutos Fair event has just kicked off a busy calendar of meetings and activities where the European Historic Thermal Towns Association will be participating for the next two months…take a look and save the date! We will be posting further information for each one.
- 15 September: EHTTA presentation at the EU Parliament (Strasbourg, France)
- 22-23 September: Training on fundraising for the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe (Luxembourg)
- 28 September: 6th Business Conference – South East Europe Tourism – SEET2016 (Belgrade, Serbia)
- 29 September-1 October: TERMATALIA 2016 16th International Exhibition on Thermal Tourism, Health and Wellness (Coahuila, Mexico)
- 19-20 October – EHTTA General Assembly (Salsomaggiore Terme, Italy)
- 21-22 October: OMTh International Congress Spa Business in the 3rd Millennium , (Levico Terme, Italy)
- 26-28 October: 6th Advisory Forum “Expanding the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe: challenges and opportunities” (Vilnius, Lithuania)